Monday, June 18, 2007

What I'll do on my summer vacation . . .

Ack.

It's summer "vacation." I have two months in which to take the material in this blog (and other things I've written) and edit it, revise it, rewrite it, etc., into the book it is meant to be and for which DePauw has given me extra money and some teaching release time over the last three years.

I meant to write a pretty straightforward, mostly objective text to use in improvisation-related courses. My own courses, and anyone else's if they are interested. And part of me wants me to write that book.

Whenever I try to write that one, though, I get blocked. What wants to come out are these personal reflections and commentaries. So I guess I'll just have to go with that flow. Which will make things easier, of course, since I can mostly edit and revise, rather than rewriting things from scratch.

1 comment:

the improvising guitarist said...

Good luck! I look forward to your book.

S, tig